0 Texts Found
rating: +73+x
the_horizon_initiative_by_sunnyparallax-d8i98ob.jpg

Verifying Horizon Initiative credentials…
Accessing Universal Texts…
Querying "St. Manos"…

3 texts found.
Bartholomew's Lett$^%$#^%%$^
Commentaries on th@%@#$%@#
Coral@#$%#$%$^

Error retrieving file
Error retrieving file
Error retrieving file

Restarting session…

Verifying Horizon Initiative credentials…
Accessing Universal Texts…
Querying "St. Manos"…

1 text found.
Bartholomew's Let%^&$%&%^&$&

Error retrieving file

Restarting session…

Verifying Horizon Initiative credentials…
Accessing Universal Texts…
Querying "St. Manos"…


0 texts found.

Reestablishing connection to SoulChat…
Verifying Horizon Initiative credentials…

Cherubot: Welcome to SoulChat!

FatherK: HELP

Cherubot: Thank you for connecting to SoulChat Assistance!

Cherubot: Please state the nature of your request. Suggested categories: Universal Texts, Email, Chat.

FatherK: I want to talk to a human.

Cherubot: I'm sorry. I do not understand your request.

Cherubot: Please state the nature of your request. Suggested categories: Universal Texts, Email, Chat.

FatherK: Universal Texts

Cherubot: Thank you!

Cherubot: We are assisting other petitioners at the moment.

Cherubot: We have received your help request and will be providing assistance shortly.

FatherK: You've said that ten times already! And you keep disconnecting me!

Cherubot: I'm sorry. I do not understand your request.

Cherubot: Please state the nature of your request. Suggested categories: Universal Texts, Email, Chat.

FatherK: You are the most completely useless thing we've spent money on.

Cherubot: I'm sorry. I do not understand your request.

Cherubot: Please state the nature of your request. Suggested categories: Universal Texts, Email, Chat.

TechJames: Sorry Father.

FatherK: Finally! A real person. Do you know how long I've been talking to that bloody bot?

TechJames: We've got issues all over the network, and everyone is on the help server. We're doing what we can.

FatherK: What the hell is going on?

FatherK: Sorry.

TechJames: As far as we can tell, it's a worm of some kind. It's choking the bandwidth, so queries keep timing out, but doesn't seem to have done much damage otherwise. We think we've almost got it locked down.

FatherK: But I didn't time out. It says that the texts aren't there!

TechJames: If they're in a remote database, and we're having server issues, that can happen. What was your query?

FatherK: St. Manos. And I know there should be at least 10 files out there. My first request got me 3, and none of the links worked!

TechJames: Just a moment, Father.

FatherK: Fine.

FatherK: Well?

FatherK: I'm not getting any younger here.

TechJames: Father, I'm not seeing anything. St. Manos or Saint Manos.

FatherK: I tracked down one of those manuscripts myself! I know they entered it. It was during my trip to blast it where was that? Doesn't matter. I know that that file at least should be there. And I was working with the other files a few days ago!

TechJames: Father, I'm sorry.

FatherK: I never should have let Mrs. Carrington talk me out of printing everything out. Killing trees my eye!

SoulChat disconnected

To: Robert Keene
From: Michael Dobbs

Bob,

You weren't alone in having files go missing. We think we've cleared out the worm, but it seems to have played holy hell with the databases, if you'll pardon the expression.

The odd thing is, it didn't wipe out drives, or even drive sectors wholesale. This was targeted, but we're not sure what it was targeting. To make matters worse, there seems to be some sort of issue with the physical archives. Some of the original documents have apparently been 'misplaced.' If I was a suspicious man, I'd almost put this down to malice, rather than incompetence.

We're managing to cobble together reconstructions of some of the 'missing' data. Not all of the files, or backups of the files were destroyed in quite the same way. So I can give you some fragments of what you were looking for. They're attached. But I'm worried, Bob. I read through them. What someone didn't want us to have.

I think I'm becoming a suspicious man.

-Mike

…as they ate, the Fruit took hold within them, 42 and within the bodies of the Male and Female, the Fruit of the Tree, which was the Word which was God, began to grow. 43 First in the discovery of the simplest things, 44 Sight and Hearing and Smell and Taste and Touch. 45 That which was outside them was made manifest within them as the Tree of Life. 46 And then the Tree began to multiply within them. 47 More and smaller Trees formed, Root and Branch connecting.

…you shall go forth from the center of the Garden, 65 to the edges where its Splendor shall not consume you. 66 This shall be a lesser place, and as such you must toil to survive. 67 But you will grow, and the Tree which is the Word which is God will grow within you slowly. 68 And one day you will be ready, and the Word within you will be ready, 69 and you will seek the Garden again, and find the places where the Tree has sent out its Roots and Branches…

…Serpent was angered by this. 12 It slunk back into the shadows of the Tree, saying: 13 You did not forbid me to eat of the Fruit. 14 You did not forbid me to give the Fruit to others. 15 You did not speak to me at all. 16 Therefore why should I be punished and sent forth? 17 And if you will put the blame upon my Hand, you may have it.

18 Then the Serpent opened its jaws, and bit through its arm, and cast its Hand down into the dust, saying: 19 There, let my Hand be cursed then, to go forth into the dust, and follow the Male and Female. 20 For they too will curse it and me. 21 I shall remain where I am, 22 and none but I shall have the Fruit of the Tree from henceforth, 23 for I have seen the wages of a gift given, and those wages are Injustice. 24 And may this fall on the Male and Female as well.

25 And where the drops of blood fell from the Serpent, smaller serpents arose from the dust and fled throughout the Garden, and to the edges of Creation. 26 And those serpents, produced from the rage and the curse of the Serpent, went forth to harry and contend with the Male and the Female, 27 and to devour the shoots of the Tree as it spread into the edges of Creation. 28 Then the Serpent twined around the Tree, and through the branches and roots, and began to devour…

…God, who was the Word, picked up the Hand of the Serpent, and spake the Word, so that Life came into the Serpent’s Hand…

…the Hand which was many Hands went forth to Teach and to Guide and to Spread the Word, and contend with the serpents…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License