Dr Mann's Personnel File
mann-by-sunnyparallax.jpg

"Dr. Everett Mann, surgeon, scientist, gentleman."
Picture by SunnyClockwork

Name: Dr. Everett Mann

Security Clearance: 2

Duties: Medical Researcher

History: Everett Mann was raised by his uncle, a rather unconventional medical researcher. Spurned by his colleagues, the elder Dr. Mann raised his nephew to be his heir. He had the young boy help him in a number of unethical experiments administered to the poor, under the guise of a local health clinic.

Eventually, the law caught up to him, and he was put in prison, where he eventually died. Young Everett was bounced from foster home to foster home. He was teased by the other children, and then ultimately left alone by them after he began to worry them. Everett knew he was different from other children, but didn't understand why. He attempted to blend in, but somehow, his efforts never paid off.

When he turned 18, he received his inheritance from his uncle. It was a fair amount of money, and he used it to attend the University of [REDACTED], where he eventually [REDACTED]. The university granted him a diploma as part of an out-of-court settlement, and he began his post-graduate work.

By the time he had received his doctorate, he had already made something of a name in the field of neurosurgery, though he was still regarded as a troubled man. It was at this point that he was contacted by agents for the Foundation. They were interested in certain of his uncle's documents. Under the guise of a publishing house, they obtained his permission to look through his uncle's storage unit. While there, they disturbed [REDACTED], at which point Dr. Mann and one of the agents were injured. Dr. Mann made use of the old equipment stored in the room, and, using the techniques his uncle had taught him, managed to save himself and the agent, though there were some side effects. The Foundation became interested in the young doctor, and, after several weeks deliberation, recruited him into their ranks.

He is easily distinguished from most researchers by his large handlebar mustache and muttonchops.

SCPs:

SCP-J:

Tales:

The Lombardi Tales

Donations

If you have enjoyed the works linked here, please consider buying a gift or sending some money to Doctor Mann.
Doctor Mann's Amazon Wishlist
Doctor Mann's Paypal

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License