Primero De Enero, 1856
rating: +46+x

THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT

HATH BEEN WITNESSED AS TRUTHFUL

BY THE SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS,

AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED MEXICAN STATES,

UNDER OATH TO GOD AND ALL HIS SAINTS,

OF EXPRESSING THE FULL, AND UNALTERED, TRUTH.

Firma_de_Benito_Juárez.png

On the eve of the NINTH of NOVEMBER of the year 1822, several devices of THAUMATURGIC make, as well as a letter directed to our very persons, MATERIALIZED with a most terrifying sound of thunder, within the confines of our SOCIETY's communal meeting place. The letter claims to have been sent to us by our successors, of the SCP FOUNDATION, from the future year of 2180.

This missive claims that the commander of VERACRUZ, ANTONIO LOPEZ DE SANTA ANNA is privy to supernatural might, a craft which he has utilized to usurp leadership of our most beloved and recently liberated country of MEXICO. Though we are men of the occult, this is the first time our investigations have uncovered that which is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, FANTASTIC and OTHERWORLDLY. Therefore, as we sign this document, we make it our concise MISSION to investigate the following:

  • Whether or not the aforementioned letter is leading us astray, and whether or not Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna is the possessor of devilish forms of witchcraft or magic.
  • If the letter proves to be telling the truth, the methods of which we may rid our beloved country of MEXICO of the future usurper, before he may do now what he will do in the future, and damage the rightful leaders of our nation.
  • How to operate the devices which have been provided to us.

This file is SIGNED and SEALED by all TWENTY members of SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS,
on the TENTH of NOVEMBER, 1822.

We have spent two years meticulously investigating the machinery that arrived to us from the future, to limited avail. Much time was lost as we avidly tried to learn to use the machines themselves, before understanding the THEORY that sustains them. What we refer to as witchcraft, men of the future have named "reality alterations", and refer to a "baseline" reality, the one we inhabit, as the SUBSTANCE being modified by these alterations. Accepting their theory has costed us no little crisis of faith, but led us to the discovery of many other IMPOSSIBLE BEINGS and EVENTS of import so great as to merit their own documents. We debate day and night, but for the moment we consider it unwise to inform the general populace of these beings; it seems to us that those unlearned in the mystic arts such as us would feel more panic and fear than intelligent curiosity.

In the meantime, the commander SANTA ANNA has, along with generals VICENTE GUERRERO and NICOLÁS BRAVO, forced our EMPEROR AGUSTÍN DE ITURBIDE to abdicate, creating much turmoil for our country. We have no record of how he has achieved this, and as such, cannot act on him yet; however, our close American friend and YORK MASON JOEL POINSETT, has vowed to remain vigilant around the commander, and report to us, should he perform that which we know now as "reality alterations".

This file is SIGNED and SEALED by all THIRTY-SEVEN members of SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS,
on the SECOND of JANUARY, 1825.

WAR; we are at War! It seems the commander SANTA ANNA has caught our friend POINSETT in his observations, and allied himself with the villainous COLONEL MONTAÑO to call for the removal of secret societies (such as US!) from our very country. We are in no small part insulted that our beloved NATION would want us removed, since we have only ever pledged loyalty to the bettering of our country with our knowledge; but more importantly, we are at war.

We are, primarily, men of science, and wish not to take up arms; however, we are left with no choice. It seems that, whether or not the commander Santa Anna is indeed endowed with fantastic capabilities, he is our primary enemy now, and we must fight to eliminate the threat he holds over us.

This file is SIGNED and SEALED by all NINETY-FIVE members of SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS,
on the TWELVE of JANUARY, 1827.

We are disheartened, and yet, revitalized. In an ambitious gambit by our armed forces, commander SANTA ANNA was struck by a bullet in the heart in an ambush upon the roads of TULACINGO, upon which we confirmed what should have been his death. In our victorious revel, we thought not to activate the devices provided to us by the FOUNDATION. Not two days later, the commander was marching victorious into VERACRUZ, by the very PRESIDENT's side, as if they had always seen eye to eye. In the wake of the dispatch of Veracruz's governor, Santa Anna has been appointed as his replacement, and now presides over the state.

It is as if our victory had never happened, and yet, now we are armed with the knowledge that Santa Anna is who the missive claimed to be. We return with fury to our first objective; to remove the future usurper Santa Anna, permanently, from any seat of power he may claim.

This file is SIGNED and SEALED by all EIGHTY SEVEN members of SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS,
on the TWELVE of JANUARY, 1828.

It has been a considerable amount of time since this document's last update. In the stretch between, our once humble SOCIETY has gone through many a reform, broken many alliances and created many new ones, and though we are no closer to our primary objective, we can say we are larger and better organized than ever before.

Perhaps the most important of our new allies is the United States of America's ANOMALOUS RESEARCH DEPARTMENT, a secret branch of their own government with the same interests that we hold; to protect the world from the interference of the supernatural. Their language is closer to the FOUNDATION's documents than the one we once used, and they are better organized by us,if by a hopefully small margin. They agreed to lend us their forces after we revealed to them the fantastic nature of the usurper-president SANTA ANNA, and together, we infiltrated our men into the rebels of the state of TEXAS (though their objectives are abhorrent to us, it was the most efficient way to lead an assault against the President).

During the battle at SAN JACINTO, our men observed the body of the President be struck with a cannonball, to much celebration from the Texan forces. Yet within the day, the same forces found the coward hiding in a swamp along the road, disguised in a horseman's outfit and hoping to escape the aftermath. Powerless, we watched as they captured and extradited him to the now-victorious Texas. In a letter he's sent to our ally POINSETT, he claims that the people of our beloved NATION are uneducated masses, deserving of subjugation by a tyrant. Such villainy is only to be expected of one with his abhorrent powers.

We believe that, if given the opportunity, our allies in the Anomalous Research Department will attempt the destruction of this terrible villain. In the meantime, we can do naught but bide our time, and focus our efforts on more expeditious projects.

This file is SIGNED and SEALED in the name of the SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS, by all EIGHT of its COMMANDING OFFICERS,
on the THIRD of AUGUST, 1836.

SANTA ANNA, that blight upon our nation, has returned once more to his station of power. He has written a long, mendacious missive extoiling his own virtues, hoping that we would forget the crimes he has perpetrated upon this NATION. Try as our SOCIETY did, we found ourselves unable to stop him from replacing legitimate president BUSTAMANTE; upon his restoration, he enforced a most tyrannic dictatorship, taxing the populace on all possible goods and silencing his opponents through force. YUCATÁN and LAREDO have declared themselves independent to Mexico; we consider them not BETRAYERS, but honorable DISSIDENTS repudiating the malevolent usurper.

Upon the elections of 1842 turning the chamber of CONGRESS against him, and the following years of a discontent too powerful to suppress growing, the coward Santa Anna would attempt escape from the capital, only to be set upon by a civilian MOB, which would brutally execute him in the public plaza. It mattered not; Santa Anna would be found later in the custody of INDIANS in VERACRUZ, the event of his death absent from the populace's memory. He has been EXILED to SPAIN's colony of CUBA. We vigilantly await his inevitable return, that we may put an end to this country's nightmare.

This file is SIGNED and SEALED in the name of the SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS, by all EIGHT of its COMMANDING OFFICERS,
on the FIRST of JANUARY, 1845.

We know not whether to rejoice or worry. It would appear we've finally rid our beloved NATION of the abhorrent ANTONIO LÓPEZ DE SANTA ANNA, and yet, we have not been able to bring him to JUSTICE for his many CRIMES against country and countrymen alike.

1853 saw the final return of Santa Anna to presidency, invited by the detestable CONSERVATIVES who could not even muster one of their own after usurping the LEGITIMATE presidency. His final reign was as disastrous as the rest; he has stolen funds, regaled himself with the undeserved title of "Most Serene Highness" and, as final insult to our nation's honor and physical form alike, SOLD the territory of LA MESILLA to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Led by our ALLY and now beloved PRESIDENT BENITO JUÁREZ, a rebellion was instilled to remove the usurper from power once more. As the coward attempted to FLEE to CUBA again; this time, SOCIETY vessels, loaded with FOUNDATION apparatus of every shape and form, encircled his vessel and boarded him. Yet, upon his capture, Santa Anna disappeared from the very grip of our combatants. When we examined the findings obtained by Foundation machinery, it was revealed to us that Santa Anna performed one final REALITY ALTERATION and TRANSPORTED himself across time, to somewhere in the future, two hundred years from now.

Though full glad we are to have rid us of this UNNATURAL, FANTASTIC TRAITOR, COWARD and USURPER, we are overwhelmed with fear for what might happen in the future he has seen fit to regale his evil countenance with. Yet we are aware that there is nothing more to it but wait: wait for our SUCCESSORS, the SCP FOUNDATION, to find Santa Anna for the final time and annihilate him. We know they can and must do this, as could we, for they are what we will one day become. We wish them the best of luck. As for the SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS, now with the full force of the legitimate president of the UNITED MEXICAN STATES, our mission statement remains to protect our nation from the PARANORMAL, the UNREAL and the FANTASTIC.

This file is SIGNED and SEALED in the name of the SOCIETY FOR THE RECORDING OF FANTASTIC EVENTS, by all EIGHT of its COMMANDING OFFICERS,
and BENITO JUÁREZ, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED MEXICAN STATES,
on the FIRST of JANUARY, 1856.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License