MEMORANDUM 321 REGARDING PROJECT 707
rating: +58+x
PROJECT #: PROJECT 707
CODENAME: "E-NAMMU"
PROJECT HEAD: "IBN SĪNĀ"
AUTHOR: "JIBRIL ACTUAL"
DESTINATION: BUBIYAN OUTPOST
MEMORANDUM 321 — P1/3
14 NOVEMBER 1990
oria.png


CONFIDENTIAL

ISLAMIC ARTEFACT RECLAMATION DIRECTORATE
SHEMIRAN, TEHRAN PROVINCE
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN



بسم الله FROM: الرحمن الرحيم "JIBRIL ACTUAL"
بسم الله TO: الرحمن الرحيم OPERATIONAL HEAD "IBN SĪNĀ"
بسم الله SUBJ: الرحمن الرحيم DISCONTINUATION OF PROJECT 707
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
بسم الله REF: الرحمن الرحيم PROJECT 707 | ALL MEMORANDA
بسم الله الحمد لله الرحمن الرحيم PROJECT 005 | ALL MEMORANDA
بسم الله الحمد لله الرحمن الرحيم PROJECT 112 | MEMORANDUM 001
بسم الله الحمد لله الرحمن الرحيم PROJECT 232 | MEMORANDUM 001
بسم الله الحمد لله الرحمن الرحيم PROJECT 003 | MEMORANDUM 001
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
بسم الله ENCL: الرحمن الرحيم (3) QĀ'IDAH-SCP SCP-CLASS ITEM DOCUMENTATION
بسم الله الحمد لله الرحمن الرحيم (1) ORIA/QĀ'IDAH-SCP CORRESPONDENCE

1. We have received your appeal regarding further maintenance of the Bubiyan Outpost. Contrary to rumours, our liaison from the Guardian Council holds no sway over the Central Committee's decisions. ORIA will maintain our study of artefacts from all faiths, including those of the Old Faiths. Our treaty with the Iranian Revolutionary Government has not and will not deteriorate our commitment to study and investigate all artefacts regardless of origin.

2. Nevertheless, it is unfortunate to inform you that ORIA will not reverse its position regarding the closure of the Bubiyan Outpost. As stated above, it is not attributed to the Guardian Council's advocacy for orthodoxy. It is a decision borne from ORIA's stance of pragmatism, as it always has been. Rest assure that this is a calculated move that will ultimately strengthen ORIA's position, as this memorandum shall elaborate.


WITH REGARDS TO CLOSURE OF BUBIYAN OUTPOST:

3. Our study of E-NAMMU has been limited since Project 707's initiation, marred by our poor relations with the temple's inhabitants. Several missteps during our initial takeover of the temple have cost us the trust of its inhabitants, who have likely carried that grudge and refuse cooperation despite our offer for entente. Therefore, for decades since, we have effectively maintained an outpost without meaningful exploitation of it. Even now, our knowledge of the temple is limited and superficial. Given this impediment, the Central Committee has vetoed against pouring in additional resources to the Bubiyan Outpost.

4. In addition, ORIA's affiliation with the Islamic Republic of Iran has rendered the Organisation an enemy to both the Iraqi Republic and United States of America. The Iraqi occupation over Kuwait since the previous year has complicated many of our operations there, following our involvement in solidarity with the people of Iran during the Imposed War. As the overseer of the Bubiyan Outpost, you know this better than I — that this outpost is facing a subtle siege from the Iraqis.


oria.png


CONFIDENTIAL








PROJECT #: PROJECT 707
CODENAME: "E-NAMMU"
PROJECT HEAD: "IBN SĪNĀ"
AUTHOR: "JIBRIL ACTUAL"
DESTINATION: BUBIYAN OUTPOST
MEMORANDUM 321 — P2/3
14 NOVEMBER 1990
oria.png


CONFIDENTIAL

ISLAMIC ARTEFACT RECLAMATION DIRECTORATE
SHEMIRAN, TEHRAN PROVINCE
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN



5. Regarding the U.S., it is a polity hostile to the current administration at Iran and its government has been convinced by the House of Sabah's machinations to "liberate" Kuwait. Should the U.S. intervene at Kuwait, the Bubiyan Outpost may be targeted by either polities due to a supposed Iranian presence there. Even with hypothetical reinforcements from ORIA Paramilitaries, the risk of collateral damage is estimated to be high. The Organisation certainly does not desire the destruction of E-NAMMU, especially if caused by our involvement in the temple.

6. Furthermore, any destruction of E-NAMMU might be detrimental to the region at large. If you may refer to PROJECT 707 | MEMORANDUM 032, En Babil of the Apkallu has cautioned against any excavation on the temple that could damage the structure.1 Although the Apkallu's recommendation is to protect E-NAMMU at all costs, it is within the opinion of ORIA Paramilitaries Head "MIKAIL" that ORIA's protection of the temple amidst Saddam Hussein's tactics is infeasible. Should E-NAMMU be damaged, the unknown miasma inside the temple might be unleashed upon the world and it will then be ORIA's failure for the inability to protect the people of Kuwait. The Organisation's very name will be stained.

7. Of course, the Organisation is indeed aware that the abandonment of the Bubiyan Outpost will not necessarily guarantee the preservation of E-NAMMU. As such, ORIA has contacted QĀ'IDAH-SCP to succeed the Organisation as a provisional custodian of the temple. I will immediately highlight that this is NO indication or implication of an alliance between ORIA and QĀ'IDAH-SCP, but a mutual agreement intended for mutual benefit. The reasons for this choice are as follows:

8. QĀ'IDAH-SCP's modus operandi forbids the destruction of artefacts in general, hence the preservation of E-NAMMU is likely to be upheld by them. QĀ'IDAH-SCP's lobby in the United States will effectively guarantee U.S. backing for the temple's preservation. Furthermore, Saddam Hussein's regime appears to have an entente with QĀ'IDAH-SCP, which allowed its bases to be maintained on Iraqi territory (of which Kuwait is now part of), e.g. PROJECT 003 ("JANNĀT ADNI"). Independent of the conflict's outcome, QĀ'IDAH-SCP seems to be able to guarantee the temple's integrity in the long run.

9. During our correspondence with QĀ'IDAH-SCP, its O5 Council has been pressured by our negotiators and made the wise decision to return several artefacts to ORIA. These artefacts are of great value to ORIA, hence our willingness to engage in this exchange. Details of the three artefacts and specimens are as follow:

  • PROJECT 005 ("KHĀTAM SULAYMĀN"): Thankfully, it appears that QĀ'IDAH-SCP remains ignorant of KHĀTAM SULAYMĀN's true potential and has deemed it an expendable resource. Once reclaimed and verified, it shall be destroyed pursuant to the ORIA/Afsenah Pact. The bondage of djinns is an outdated notion in the modern era of human-djinn relations, and KHĀTAM SULAYMĀN's destruction will be ORIA's declaration of sincerity.
  • PROJECT 112 ("CHASTE IDOL"): Following Mohammadien's Idol Hypothesis, the CHASTE IDOL will be of significance to our efforts to investigate the true history of the Arabian Peninsula. Although the maintenance of the CHASTE IDOL does require castrati attendants, we can rally the Galli to provide attendants to the CHASTE IDOL.

oria.png


CONFIDENTIAL








PROJECT #: PROJECT 707
CODENAME: "E-NAMMU"
PROJECT HEAD: "IBN SĪNĀ"
AUTHOR: "JIBRIL ACTUAL"
DESTINATION: BUBIYAN OUTPOST
MEMORANDUM 321 — P3/3
14 NOVEMBER 1990
oria.png


CONFIDENTIAL

ISLAMIC ARTEFACT RECLAMATION DIRECTORATE
SHEMIRAN, TEHRAN PROVINCE
ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN



  • PROJECT 232 ("EREŠ.KI.GAL"): Its reclamation will surely placate the much-disgruntled Apkallu, whom you have defended on many occasions. While QĀ'IDAH-SCP's document suggest that it has faced difficulty handling EREŠ.KI.GAL, the Apkallu's knowledge of appropriate rites will render it manageable for long-term study.

10. Should the worst occur and E-NAMMU is breached under QĀ'IDAH-SCP's custodianship (for whatever reason), blame will be placed on QĀ'IDAH-SCP and they will be further discredited among Dar al-Islam. Polities sympathetic of QĀ'IDAH-SCP will be more compelled to side with the Organisation as a stronger alternative. That said, this is only a worst-case scenario. Disregarding the shortcomings in securing a dhimmity over E-NAMMU, the Organisation's proper application of Pagan wisdom definitely kept the miasma inside dormant (which shall be our official stance on the matter). If it is made active by QĀ'IDAH-SCP's hand, it is certainly attributed to their flawed methods to cast aside Pagan wisdom (and that would be suitable counter-evidence to assertions that Pagan wisdom is haram to ORIA.)


WITH REGARDS TO EXCHANGE OF ARTEFACTS:

11. To facilitate the exchange of artefacts without damaging ORIA's image and mission statement, the Bubiyan Outpost will be "invaded" by a task force from QĀ'IDAH-SCP. Officially, they are agents of QĀ'IDAH-SCP tasked to claim E-NAMMU amidst the chaos of war. Date of exchange is to be confirmed on a later date, however it is agreed upon to occur during the eventual U.S. intervention.

12. Prior to the date of exchange, a majority of operatives in Bubiyan Outpost will be reassigned to other locations in ORIA's sphere of influence. A skeleton crew will maintain daily operations in the outpost until the date of exchange. During the "invasion", you are allowed to retaliate with valour. However, you must surrender to QĀ'IDAH-SCP with minimal loss of lives (on both sides). As per our correspondences with QĀ'IDAH-SCP, the skeleton crew will be held temporarily until a prisoner exchange that will occur one week after the artefacts exchange.

13. With regards to the three artefacts currently held by QĀ'IDAH-SCP, safe-houses that are currently carrying them will be made available for our operatives to reclaim without significant fatalities. A number of prisoners may also be taken from QĀ'IDAH-SCP in the course of these operations, who will then be involved in the aforementioned prisoner exchange.

14. Despite the apparent sign of "joint effort", the Organisation's enmity towards QĀ'IDAH-SCP still stands. This decision is one of mutual benefit, more so for ORIA in fact. We hope you may agree to assist in securing the Bubiyan Outpost for QĀ'IDAH-SCP. If you are unwilling to be associated with this dishonour, the Organisation permits you to be transferred prior to the date of exchange and allow another to take the position of IBN SĪNĀ.

15. This memorandum drafted and transmitted 14 November 1990.

— "JIBRIL ACTUAL"


oria.png


CONFIDENTIAL


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License