News for May 2019

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • The Wanderers' Library was relaunched in April with a brand-new look and a vision for the future! Dive into lots of new Library content with a contest that ended this month - The Reshelving 2019. The success of this contest and general increase of activity in the Library means you can look forward to more contests in the near future.
  • The International Groups of Interest Contest has entered its voting phase. 22 teams of writers have contributed articles of 22 different GoIs. The voting period will last one month at which point a winner will be announced.

Featured Articles

  • SCP-3052 ("Disturbed") - However, it was discovered that any subject viewing SCP-3052-1 will perceive it as facing them directly, no matter which angle or direction the subject views it from. Written by Witryso.
  • SCP-2197 ("Shop Class") - If an individual expresses interest in an item, SCP-2197-1 will speak highly of the effort involved in its manufacture and the good character of its maker, often remarking that “he tried his best.” Written by Doc MacGillicuttie.
  • The Green Prince - Typically, a Type-Green entity’s first experience with his or her abilities comes unintentionally, in response to an immediate perceived threat. Written by giant enemy spycrab.
  • Grin and Bear It - He had received a grand total of five hundred and thirty two unread messages since noon that day, seven of which were from the past three minutes. Written by keyii.
  • Critter Profile: Ringo! [Wilson's Wildlife Solutions] - Laura suggested that we delete this file, but I decided that it was better to keep it as a reference. This is history for us, after all. Written by HotColes.

Reviewer's Spotlight Articles

  • SCP-3454 ("The Land DENIERS of Tall Bees") - SCP-3454 is the designation for individuals who don't agree that the bees are tall. Written by TL333s, selected by qntm.
  • SCP-4522 ("The Mystical Village of the Jade Peach") - Grasp this offering between both hands. Feel its weight both in hand as well as in self. Know that which is displayed will tell all that I need to know. Written by Woedenaz, selected by Gabriel Jade.
  • SCP-3721 ("Obsolete Weapons System") - “I can still feel it, though. I'm constantly fucking angry. Every single second I spend cooped in this fucking machine, you know what I'm thinking about?” Written by UraniumEmpire, selected by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • SCP-3007 ("World of Two Artists") - SCP-3007-1 is a reoccurring hallucinogenic phenomenon, with no apparent pattern regarding age, gender, race, health or occupation. Written by Zhange, selected by calamitous1.

You will notice little '📈' emojis besides some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of May 1st:

SCPs

  • SCP-4845 ("I Am The Beast I Worship") - BEWARE Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • SCP-4281 ("Stalled Conversation") - Occupied! Written by T Rutherford.
  • SCP-4726 ("G A M E R M I L K") - The less we talk about this one the better. Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • SCP-4807 ("Kolmogorov Complexity") - Written by Lazar Lyusternik.
  • SCP-4284 ("Walker Towers") - tall metal bois. Written by GaPSMAV.
  • SCP-4311 ("I care about you.") - You'd be nothing without me. Written by NatVoltaic and Uncle Nicolini
  • SCP-4505 ("A Brief History of Anomalous Artwork in the Renaissance") - See, art can be fun! Written by PeppersGhost.
  • SCP-4502 ("Emily The Eldritch Ergot Goddess & Friends") - Well, that's not what I expected at the bottom of my cereal. Written by Waxwing-one.
  • SCP-4617 ("Selfish Preservation") - INFINITE JARS BABY Written by MaliceAforethought.
  • 📈SCP-4245 ("Judgemental Thermometer") - Twenty degrees? Okay. Sure. Written by 301320290.
  • SCP-4341 ("Unimal Life") - Its like animal, but not. Written by NatVoltaic.
  • 📈SCP-4151 ("The Garden of Gluttony") - Aliteration and a literal sin. Written by CubicNewt7.
  • SCP-4153 ("Vincent Price presents… IT CAME FROM SITE-9!") - “It's as much fun to scare as to be scared.” Written by The Great Hippo.
  • SCP-4559 ("Would You Like a Receipt?") - CVS is in shambles. Written by Westrin.
  • SCP-4755 ("Mouth Moods") - CLAMS CLAMS CLAMS CLAMS CLAMS Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • SCP-4143 ("Infinitestine") - I wonder how this guy's X-Rays look? Written by NatVoltaic.

Tales

  • 📈Lights in the Sky - "It's a goddamn bomb, you tosser, a goddamn radioactive biological bomb from China, it's gotten over here!" Written by AndarielHalo.
  • The Chosen Few - "This must be MOOT: the Mobile Occult Operations Team. The heavy hitters. The wizard SWAT." Written by A Random Day.
  • Morphine Machine - "Alliott Chao says you're a bitch." Written by A Random Day.
  • 📈The Elusive Mx. LaFerrier - "That's a meme trying to edit your brain, Rachael." Written by DarkStuff.
  • Loud, Lawless, and Lost - "Here, corporations rise and fall. Here, a single decision can shape or destroy thousands of lives. Here, money can buy you time itself." Written by A Random Day.
  • Predation and Containment 4975 - What Makes the Cuckoo Tick - "This report compiles information regarding 4975's predation methods by analyzing its anatomical adaptations and similarities to common, non-anomalous predators." Written by K_Solari.
  • 📈Art is Boring, but Profitable - "Goliath turned its mighty body, scanning the room for its next opponent." Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • 📈Super Stars! - ": )" Written by Decibelles.
  • Automated Passive Amnestization System Ver. 17.09 - "It showed me images of a titan of war and death, breaching the surface of the earth and lifting a great and terrible scream into the night sky, eyes turned towards the moon." Written by Nagiros.
  • The Revelation - "A pair of cops with rocket launchers stand up and take aim." Written by A Random Day.
  • 📈Over The Moon - "You make no sense sometimes." Written by plaidypus.

GoI Formats

Hubs

Other

Week of May 8th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4355 ("OZYMANDIAS, KING OF KINGS") - You know… the guy from that thing? Written by Rounderhouse.
  • 📈SCP-4207 ("Auditory Entity") - "Those poor whales." Written by Kenoma.
  • SCP-4797 ("Spire") - "You can climb, but you won't reach the top." Written by Tufto.
  • SCP-4465 ("No Man is an Island") - Love what you've got. Written by DarkStuff.
  • SCP-4152 ("BASEMENT LOVE, Acrylic on canvas") - "Am I cool yet, Mom?" Written by devonmartin.
  • SCP-990-J ("Dream Dude") - How would you like to make some easy money? Written by Billith.
  • 📈SCP-4181 ("Spatuland") - Birds? Spatulas? Yes please! Written by TL333s.
  • SCP-4826 ("No One But Me Gets To Say When I Die") - I'm the master of my own destiny! Written by RockTeethMothEyes.
  • 📈SCP-4184 ("The Song Is Like Wine And The Rain Is Like Their Sweet Tastes") - "The nigh is long, my will is strong." Written by Popsioak.
  • SCP-4267 ("Down With The Flue") - Hey, it's like that song! Written by Flawed.
  • 📈SCP-4769 ("Physics Teacher") - A responsible breaker of physics. Written by PolarPacific.
  • SCP-4313 ("Stormy Seas in the Milky Way") - Space: the endless ocean. Written by NatVoltaic.
  • SCP-4534 ("Thousands Of Photographs Of My Favourite Women") - It's unhealthy to be so obsessed. Written by Crashington.
  • SCP-4098 ("S-C-P, easy as 19-3-16!") - Superbly Complex Paragraphs. Written by Henzoid and Westrin
  • SCP-4237 ("Urethra Urinals") - what. Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • SCP-4322 ("Sleepless Dreams") - Rest for the restless. Written by aismallard.
  • SCP-4246 ("Thalassomania, or The Dreams of the Firstborn") - Lovecraftian vibes and lush story galore. Written by Metaphysician.
  • 📈SCP-4701 ("Well, Yeet Me Mama Like A Wagon Wheel") - what Written by LordStonefish.
  • SCP-4959 ("Teotihuacan Pterodactylactery") - Something slumbers in the ancient ruins… Written by Weryllium.

Tales

  • Truth Is Sin - "Entertainment! Truly, hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned." Written by A Random Day.
  • 📈Prometheus and the Eagle - "Able, come inside and eat your breakfast. And wash your feet. Boy, you are filthy." Written by Inkmouth.
  • The Vice Girls - "I've summoned Belphegor, one of the princes of Hell." Written by A Random Day.
  • 📈Dear Reader, Please Let Sleeping Minds Suffer Alone - "Have your SCP Foundation ever come into established contact with any other universe?" Written by Azmoeth Jikandia.
  • Rise and Repent - "Time is running out, but I'm going to become a magical girl if it kills me." Written by A Random Day.
  • 📈It Feels Like I Only Go Backwards - "I'll do anything! Anything you want, please! Please, just, don't kill me, please… please…" Written by DarkStuff.
  • 📈A Hymn For Pandora - "We were once the strange and the disquieting, the horrific and the dead. We were anomalies, but anomalies no more." Written by Nagiros.

Other

Week of May 15th:

SCPs

  • SCP-4858 ("But the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place") - Run on. Written by Tufto.
  • 📈SCP-4305 ("No Lifeguard On Duty") - ALL KIDS OUT OF THE WATER. Written by ManyMeats.
  • 📈SCP-4595 ("WITCH") - Ding dong, the witch is… dead? Written by djkaktus.
  • SCP-4331 ("When Good Elk Go to War") - *angry elk noises* Written by NatVoltaic.
  • 📈SCP-4920 ("Take the Train") - Its safer. Maybe. Written by Researcher Calloway.
  • 📈SCP-4277 ("Bullet Farm") - Farming bullets ain't much, but its honest work. Written by MaybePirate.
  • SCP-4232 ("Thought Crustacean") - Thinking of you lobsters. Written by magnadeus.
  • SCP-4572 ("Trumpvoid") - Seen through the perception of others. Written by Roget.
  • SCP-4885 ("Find Him") - DO NOT FIND HIM. Written by Westrin.
  • 📈SCP-4552 ("Auguries of Innocence") - Not to be confused with the book. Written by SupremeLemonBread.
  • SCP-4288 ("Your Dirty Little Secret") - It's appropriate. Written by stormbreath.
  • SCP-4981 ("The Room You Used To Live In") - The hardest part about love is letting it go. Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • SCP-4662 ("Billy's Already Home") - Sometimes, all it takes is a loving hand. Written by gishface.
  • 📈SCP-4340 ("The Pekelné Oko of Vítkov Hill") - Good old war. It never changes. Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • 📈SCP-4392 ("Sandpit") - Damn, that's a lotta humes! Written by Jack Ike.

Tales

GOI Formats

  • UIU File: 2008-021 - [UIU] "New anomalous party registered: Wilson's Wildlife Shelter (Pending rename to Wilson's Wildlife Solutions as per last communication)." Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • Critter Profile: The Polar Bear! - [Wilsons] "We're going to be holding a bake sale tomorrow to raise money to rebuild Enclosure 3 and pay for The Polar Bear's temporary home, come buy some apple pies and support us!" Written by DrAnnoyingDog.

Hubs

Other

Week of May 22nd:

SCPs

  • 📈SCP-4439 ("The Weeping Child") - Hey, what's with that stain? Written by caspian2.
  • 📈SCP-4186 ("Postcards From Italy") - Oh, when the wind would blow with rain and snow … Written by Popsioak.
  • 📈SCP-4064 (""It's not you, it's us"") - When oh when will my sisters return? Written by Henzoid.
  • 📈SCP-4295 - vroom vroom…. Written by Alces_alces.
  • 📈SCP-4730 ("Earth, Crucified") - A greater Foundation awaits. Written by Nameless Mediocre.
  • 📈SCP-4810 ("Hunt Stupid Game, Win Stupid Prizes") - Mother nature has her revenge, and it's fucking FLYING CENTEPIDES. Written by DrCaroll and Gabriel Jade.
  • SCP-4855 ("Mind Like a Steel Trap") - Nothing gets by her. Written by loddite.
  • 📈SCP-4366 ("Birds of a Feather") - … get the worm! Oh, right. Flock together. Written by MacWarren.
  • SCP-4779 ("The Hour of the Wolf") - A war has ravaged the world, just not this one. Written by Tufto.
  • SCP-4667 ("I Am Become Teeth") - I am seriously growing concerned at the amount of dental based horror on this site. Written by Laneous.
  • 📈SCP-4913 ("5-Star [REDACTED]") - Disturb at your own risk. Written by TheBlueHour.
  • 📈SCP-4551 ("Bell for a Funeral…") - Loving Memory. Written by Amelia Wright.
  • 📈SCP-4194 ("All That Falls Has Wings") - Enough Birds to make Hitchcock shy. Written by Quarks-3.
  • 📈SCP-4162 - They call 'em the Homewreckers. Written by Lawenard.
  • 📈SCP-4208 ("Naomi’s Sweetery") - The sweetest AI around! Written by Mew-ltiverse.
  • SCP-4264 ("Lesson Plans for Calhoun County") - Learning for a better tomorrow. Written by Nameless Mediocre.
  • 📈SCP-4210 ("The American Dream") - Only for the birdbrained! Written by Swineapple.
  • SCP-4966 ("Tubbioca: Devourer of Souls, Consumer of Secrets, Lord of Munchies") - Have you guys seen Tubbioca dance? Written by Deadly Bread.
  • SCP-4611 ("The Bears And The Bees") - It's time we had the talk. Written by Mortos.
  • SCP-4297 ("The Emu-lution of War") - The Emu War, now with 100% more nukes! Written by devonmartin.
  • 📈SCP-4297-J ("Normal Australian Wildlife") - "The SCP Foundation has issued a formal apology to the former staff of Brian's Ostrich Sanctuary." Written by devonmartin.

Tales

  • 📈Along for the Ride - "Inability to connect with people, trouble falling asleep, nightmares when she does. Emotional numbness (as he perceived), aggressive behavior. Paranoia?" Written by DarkStuff.
  • 📈Renaissance Of Fear - "The King stood over his fallen quarry, panting from both exertion and excitement." Written by IAmTheOoga.
  • 📈Life's Not A Dating Sim You Can Just Win - "Schakal used his user names from the world of video games - like pretty much everyone else in the studio." Written by Einer von Rabe.
  • 📈The Beauty Of Nature - "Tangle hurt leg! Blood belong inside, please stay inside. Thank you." Written by taylor_itkin.
  • 📈A Hole in the Tapestry - "She hoped for the face that knew her pain." Written by DarkStuff.
  • 📈XXXXX - "They didn't know exactly what they were doing, but that's how all sciences start, don't they? On hunches." Written by DarkStuff.
  • Keeping it Chill With Your Homies Down at The SCP Foundation - "How "Le Epic" is that?" Written by Henzoid.
  • 📈They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, nor spake, nor moved their eyes. - "I must examine you. Determine how you have been cured." Written by Doctor Cimmerian.
  • 📈Chaoskampf and Creation - "It is with these thoughts that Areimanios diseased the universe in its totality, contaminating it on a physical, mental, spiritual, and even conceptual level, using the chaos to become more powerful by the day." Written by Cawshun.
  • 📈Grandma's cookies - "Listen I've got some good news for you and me; site command says they'll be happy to move you to another project that 'puts your experience to the testblurb" Written by Nerdibbles.
  • 📈Mothers Day - "Agent Kuller closed her eyes, plugged her ears, and desperately hoped for her lunch break to come soon. She wasn’t paid enough for this kind of crap." Written by Purpleious-Avatar.

GoI Format

  • 📈The Amazonian Hind - [Serpents Hand] "Given the disastrous description of the death, it is the position of the Hand that the Hind must be protected and the events described not be allowed to pass." Written by stormbreath.

Other


Fanart

Here you will find a selection of artists who consistently released new work throughout the month and whose art output is worth following. Click on the thumbnails to see full size images. Click on the artists' names to see their profile pages where you will find follow/subscribe/watch options.


Robyrne

SCP godsRobyrne-1.jpgThe Scarlet KingRobyrne-2.jpgPangloss & Saturn DeerRobyrne-3.jpg


Millie68

SCP-173Millie68-1.jpgSCP-682Millie68-2.jpgChaos InsurgencyMillie68-3.jpg


Querro SMO

SCP-408 & SCP-2332 & Zyn Kiryu & KondrakiQuerro-1.jpgDr. BrightQuerro-2.jpgSpeedpaint of personnelQuerro-3.jpg


Sara from December

SCP-1799 & SCP-2030Sara-1.jpgSCP-2852Sara-2.jpgSCP-2030Sara-3.jpg


Nikkoleon

Dr. ClefNikkoleon-1.jpgDr. RothNikkoleon-2.jpgDr. ClefNikkoleon-3.jpg


SINSEKAI

SCP-1449Sinsekai-1.jpgSCP-1057Sinsekai-2.jpgSCP-1373Sinsekai-3.jpg



Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License