News for December 2018

The dynamic nature of this wiki means that linked pages might get moved, renamed, deleted, or replaced. Old news pages remain as time capsules and are not updated to account for these changes.

This is a series showing off news from the site, articles from the past month1, and fan-content for you to check out and discover! Be sure to leave a comment with your thoughts!

Fandom Stuff

  • The Art Exchange is back for the 7th year in a row, and it was a wild success! Browse through everything made this year and revel in MANDATORY HOLIDAY CHEER.
  • And with that marks another year of Foundation Wiki tyranny, as we pass on into the fabled time of 2019! But before we do, let's take a quick look back:
    • 1886 articles total were posted this year!
    • SCP-3321 was the first article posted
    • …and The Show Must Always Go On was the last!
    • 16,070 people joined the wiki this year, which means that the admins had to click at least 16,070 times on the "accept" button.
    • And finally, in these 5 past days alone, we've already cast 5,819 votes total!
    • So lets hope for an even greater 2019!
  • Cliche Con 2019 - The first contest of 2019 has started! So get out there and start writing generic humanoids with dark, mysterious pasts! (Note: mileage may vary)
  • The 2018 Survey is up and we want you (yeah you!) to fill it out!

Featured Articles

  • SCP-3305 ("The Father, The Son, and The Holy Toast") by Captain Kirby - BREAD JESUS RISES
  • How Dr. Clef Contained Christmas by LurkD, narrated by Doctor Cimmerian - Santa, Site 19, Dr. Clef! What better combination could you have? (Note: May or may not contain Santa, Site 19, or Dr. Clef)
  • Track 4: You and Me by djkaktus, recorded by Oboebandgeek99 - I'll wander round the cosmos, weeping and waiting/Waiting to be with you.

Event Featured Articles

The theme for the month of November was Clockwork!

  • In SCP-1661 ("Gremlins"), rewritten by shaggydredlocks, original by Adam Henderson, mechanical gremlins are prevented from doing their mechanical gremlin thing. Antics ensue.
  • In SCP-3221 ("Prester John the Unbroken"), by modern_erasmus and tufto, a man split down the middle in body, soul, and religion is encountered.
  • In SCP-3662 ("The Doomsday Clock"), by Ayers, a clockwork heart tells lies of redemption, spreading sadness in its wake.


You will notice little 'πŸ“ˆ' emojis besides some articles. That denotes SCP articles which were under 30 and tales which were under 20 when this edition of site news was posted. Give them a little love! Speaking from personal experience, the most frustrating thing that can happen to an article is not deletion, but stagnating below 20 without any comments. So try to read, vote, and comment on these articles! They're often hidden gems :)

Week of December 1st:

SCPs

  • djkaktus's Proposal III ("The Way It Ends") - Good things come in threes. Written by djkaktus.
  • SCP-4821 (β€œYou Get What I Never Got") - Star friend! Friend to you and me! Written by OthellotheCat.
  • SCP-4051 ("Your Friendly Neighborhood Keter") - Damn kid. Broke the straps on the chair. Had to remind it to calm down. I'm tempted to get it tranquillized during the procedure, but we need it awake. Written by Nagiros.
  • SCP-3487 ("Cats Think The World Revolves Around Them") - Do you ever just alter history because you can't be bothered to move? Written by JoseDzirehChong.
  • SCP-4694 ("PryMaid") - PYRAMAID SCHEMES! Written by Wils.
  • SCP-4058 ("We Become Stories That Are Dying To Be Told") - There's nothing like a good book. Written by Yites.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4219 ("The Past is Perfect") - The good days have come and gone, and time just keeps moving. Written by AlanDaris.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4535 ("The Better Man") - No one likes employees playing detective. Written by ZoltanBerrigomo.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4204 ("Bong Time Machine by dado") - funny man dado does a weed smonk Written by Lady Zero.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4067 ("Effigies From The Swarm") - Bug people, bug people… Look like bug, talk like people! Written by Baronjoe.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4433 ("Suburban Nightmare") - Won't you visit your dear family? Written by Cyantreuse.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4193 ("migraine medicine e by dado") - funny man dado gib crazy make pillz Written by xiombarg.
  • SCP-3546 ("Doggone it, I Fold!") - ORIGINAL CONTENT DO NOT STEAL Written by The Great Hippo.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4470 ("Endure") - Bureaucracy, more bureaucracy, some obfuscating language, bad things, weird relationships and weirder duties. Written by Pedantique.
  • SCP-4128-J - 8===D Written by Wils.
  • SCP-4330 ("A Moment of Silence") - What's that sound? Written by gishface.
  • SCP-3561 ("An Unfinished Work") - I swear I saw the painting move. Written by The Great Hippo.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4047 ("Abstract Art") - Ritualistic pieces performed by your art teacher. Written by Sigkreiger.
  • SCP-4876 ("Dr. Wondertainment's Pixel Buddies") - Wondertainment goes digital! Written by Baronjoe.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4056 ("The Department of Preservation") - "SCP-4056 is the Department of Preservation β€” an agency of the Republic of Ireland that carries out confidential research on anomalous phenomena" Written by Crazylaika.
  • SCP-4282 ("Mutiny's Bane") - Mutiny will not be tolerated. Written by GaPSMAV.

Tales

GOI Formats

Misc

  • Aces And Eights Hub - "Even now he boards a train headed west, leaving behind the graves of his family and innumerable union soldiers. He is perhaps never to be seen again in the civilized world." Written by Doctor Cimmerian and rounderhouse.
  • A Brief History of the German Branch - A cool look into the history of another SCP branch! Written by Dr_Grom.

Week of December 8th:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-3875 ("Spyders") - The friendliest spider of them all. Written by mayoculpa.
  • SCP-4646 ("Sing Me a Song for the End of the World") - With every end, there's a new beggining. Written by Tufto.
  • SCP-3863 ("Hole-y cow! I can't bee-lieve it!") - Cow Bees! Make it stop! Written by Uncle Nicolini.
  • SCP-4980 ("Alexylva University War Dodo Olympics Team") - A jousting dodo. I can't believe it. Written by MathBrush.
  • SCP-4991 ("So this is how the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a shitpost.") - 4chan is gross, but giant swarms of insects that eat you from the inside out are grosser. Written by plaguebearer and Westrin
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4094 ("They Hunger Beneath the Ice") - And only hell may save us. Written by flanker44.
  • SCP-4054 ("The Seventh Door") - BEN DROWNED has nothing on this. Written by The Great Hippo.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-3286 ("Sea Legs") - Fish with leg, leg with fesh. Written by Deadly Bread.
  • SCP-4083 ("Lakeside View Apartments") - Leave now or forever hold your peace. Written by Gaffsey.
  • SCP-4084 ("Then Who Was Phone?") - "Please don't hang up the call." Written by lavenderbloodstains.
  • SCP-4849 ("Liposlugtion 3: Die Lard With A Vengeance") - The next installment in disgusting. Written by Weryllium.
  • SCP-4989 ("The Siege of Site 89") - Sic semper tyrannis! Written by Tufto.
  • SCP-4157 ("WANT DOG") - GET FREE DOG Written by Laneous.
  • SCP-4378 ("Her Noodly Appendage") - shakey spaghetti! Written by Woedenaz.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-3572 ("Sand Cave") - A Venus Cave Spelunker trap. Written by Eads.

Tales

GOI Formats

Author Pages

Misc

Week of December 15th:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4052 ("Seismic Sandbox") - A sandbox in more ways than one. Written by DeltaBlade.
  • SCP-Big egg ("Big egg") - egg so B I G Written by LordStonefish.
  • SCP-4217 ("Contain the Bismarck!") - A biomechanical ship powering the Reich's navy. Written by Gentleman Thief.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-2801 ("All Your Brains Are Belong To Us") - Don't you just hate scammers? Written by Attila the Pun.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4259 ("A Friendly [UNTRANSCRIBABLE]") - [UNTRANSCRIBABLE] Written by Darius Rudominer.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4488 ("Thalassophobia") - "While you wait, why not wonder what might be out there for a change?" Written by The Trashman.
  • SCP-4170 ("The Dark") - Sentient dark matter? Must be a Tuesday. Written by LiterallyMechanical.

Tales

  • πŸ“ˆ The Question - "Perhaps a dulled mind is easier to sway in a desired direction?" Written by Tutulord.
  • πŸ“ˆ Anime Is Art Too, Guys - "It's about a NEET who works from home so he can buy anime merchandise." Written by DolphinSlugchugger.
  • πŸ“ˆ It was Nice to be Invited - "Happy X-Mas, fuck you all." Written by Zachary Maxwell.
  • A Hole in Mars - "We failed a test and I don't know if we should be glad we did."'' Written by NatVoltaic.
  • Misconduct on the Magnificent Mile - "When I give you an order, you obey it. Now drive!" Written by Rounderhouse.
  • πŸ“ˆ Gall, Gulls, Gallows - "Some messages have to be delivered in person." Written by Pedantique.
  • πŸ“ˆ The Boy Who Cried Wolf - "Tell me β€” have you heard of the Wanderers' Library?" Written by mayoculpa.
  • πŸ“ˆ Try and Remember - β€œYou’re the lucky one.” She said. β€œYou won’t even remember that you were sad.” Written by GaPSMAV.
  • God Damn It, Every One! - "Well, this sure as shit don't look like Heaven." Written by daveyoufool.

GOI Formats

  • πŸ“ˆ Herman Fuller Presents: The Indestructible Man - [Herman Fuller's Circus of the Disquieting] "Watch in amazement as he endures torment after torment in a vain effort to finally shuffle off his mortal coil!" Written by DrChandra.
  • πŸ“ˆ Ambrose Temecula - [Ambrose Restaurant] "I didn't like the waiter's face." Written by Proasek.
  • πŸ“ˆ The Gallows Tree - [Serpent's Hand] "Yeah, keep it in your pants, freak." Written by lavenderbloodstains.
  • πŸ“ˆ Contract Negotiations (N-01029) - [Factory] "The Factory-Spectre Contract has been upheld by Mr. Night and other members of the Chicago Spectre, leading to a drastically increased profit margin with regard to the products in question." Written by stormbreath.
  • πŸ“ˆ The Grove of Exiles - [Serpent's Hand] "Once upon a time, when the earth was new, there was a race of creatures once known as fairies." Written by TechSorcerer2747.

Author Pages

Week of December 22nd:

SCPs

  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4976 ("Vacation Photos") - Predatory vacation photos. Written by pr0m37h3um.
  • SCP-4116 ("The Nightmare King in The Palace of Dreams") - Run as you may, royal blood can wait as long as it wants. Written by IAmTheOoga.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4074 ("Sun Flower") - A star as beautiful and long lived as a single flower. Written by AlleraRey .
  • SCP-4174 ("Eukaryotic Empire") - They'd let us into heaven but there isn't mushroom. Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-3581 ("Corneliu") - Gobble, gobble me up, friends. Written by Wydness.
  • SCP-4031 ("The Amnesiac Redemption") - " SCP-4031 is a powerful fast-acting amnesiac of unknown makeup, quantity, and origin." Written by Lt Flops.
  • SCP-4543 ("Dead Men Sell No Sales") - What better taxidermy sellers then dead people? Written by magnadeus.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4203 ("Dear Reader, Her Mind Is Haunted") - "SCP-4203 is the head of Alexandra Svoboda, hereby designated PoI-4203. SCP-4203 comprises 79% of the interiors in Saint Olsteen's Asylum." Written by KindlyTurtleClem.
  • SCP-4135 ("Maullard") - Geese are assholes. Written by Westrin.
  • SCP-2718-J ("Weekend at Dammerung's") - "Due to recent revelations about the afterlife/lack thereof, the necessity of a means to create an artificial afterlife for self-aware corpses can no longer be ignored." Written by daveyoufool.
  • SCP-4172 ("The Artist") - A heart of ink can sway another just as well as a heart of flesh. Written by LiterallyMechanical.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4880 ("Chewin' Gum") - MMMMMM How I love Chewin' Gumβ„’! Written by MacWarren.
  • SCP-4146 ("A Pound Of Flesh On Black") - Flesh is the currency of magic and betrayal. Written by Gaffsey.
  • πŸ“ˆ SCP-4121 ("The Stasis Quo") - White. White. Black. And the whole world stands still to watch. Written by Chiriox.
  • SCP-4337 ("D-59932 Didn't Die for This Shit") - This question is just stabbing me in the heart…. Written by daveyoufool.

Tales

GOI Formats

  • Adoption Poster: Ol' Shock! - [Wilson's Wildlife Solutions] "I'm a very big boy - a little over a hundred pounds! (45 kilograms for you Brits!)" Written by stormbreath.
  • πŸ“ˆ Ambrose London Prix Fixe - Diarrhea is supposed to involve the endless screaming of the damned, right? Right? Written by stormbreath.

Author Pages

Misc


Fanart

This month we are featuring just four artists. Each as a sort of ambassador of four different sites with a strong concentration of SCP artwork - Tumblr, DeviantArt, Reddit, and Pixiv.

From Tumblr we have Zhange who published two paintings this month. Click on the thumbnails to read the individual Tumblr posts about them if you'd like to learn more about the context of these pieces.

zhange-1.jpgzhange-2.jpg
social-tumblr.png See all SCP content on Tumblr social-tumblr.png

In December the prolific artist SteveMobCannon brought their unique style to SCP for the first time and posted progress drawings on Reddit as they re-imagined a few classic SCP monsters.
Click the thumbnails below to see the drawings in full or click here to see their entire r/SCP posting history.

stevemobcannon-7.jpgstevemobcannon-6.jpgstevemobcannon-1.jpgstevemobcannon-2.jpgstevemobcannon-3.jpgstevemobcannon-5.jpgstevemobcannon-4.jpg
social-reddit.png See all SCP content on Reddit social-reddit.png

Over at DeviantArt we have charcoalman's drawings. Their gruesome output this month was dominated by a series of scenes involving SCP-4666 ("The Yule Man").

charcoalman-1.jpgcharcoalman-2.jpgcharcoalman-3.jpgcharcoalman-4.jpgcharcoalman-5.jpgcharcoalman-6.jpg
social-deviantart.png See all SCP content on DeviantArt social-deviantart.png

The Japanese online community for artists Pixiv contains an enormous amount of SCP art. Very much worth a look if you haven't checked it out before.
Jennycreativity has been consistently posting SCP art on Pixiv for a while, including several this December:

jennycreativity-1.jpgjennycreativity-2.jpgjennycreativity-3.jpgjennycreativity-4.jpg
social-pixiv.png See all SCP content on Pixiv social-pixiv.png

New artwork pages on the SCP Wiki:

  • Vizlox's Art Page - stills, animations, and even a video by Vizlox
  • elogee-s-art-that-he-drew-on-lined-paper - 9 drawings by Elogee FishTruck
  • Wydness's Cursed Art Page - lots of drawings in different styles, some are in full color, others are meant to work as coloring book pages, there is also some phyical media, for example SCP-999 themed phone cases
  • DentixVoxel's art center - Dentix, who contributed the banner for the ClichΓ©-Con 2019 page now has a page to showcase their sketches as well as completed artwork and Blender animations

Artwork pages that have had updates this month:

See the Artists Pages (Redirect) for a listing of over 70 artwork pages on this wiki.


Other fandom news:


Q&A:

Q: Can I replace a blurb that you wrote for one of my articles with my own? I'm not satisfied with it.

A: Absolutely. You will always have that option at any point.

Q: I noticed an error/typo/incorrect information and wish to correct it. May I?

A: Sure! If the changes are not limited to your own article(s) and/or are substantial changes across multiple entries, you should post in that month's discussion page and then make the changes.

Q: I wrote an article and it seems to have stuck. Can I send a blurb of mine to one of the frequent collaborators?

A: Yup! It's much easier if you come to us about it, and it gives you the control over what you want shown on the news page.


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License