SCP-1154
rating: +172+x

Item #: SCP-1154

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1154 is to be contained in Storage Unit ██, located at Site ██. SCP-1154 is to be contained in a 15cm x 15cm sealed container. SCP-1154 is to be kept under guard by one (1) security officer at all times. Viewing of SCP-1154 must be conducted by members of D-class personnel.

If any additional components of SCP-1154 are discovered to exist, they are to be immediately secured and contained by Mobile Task Force Zeta-29 ("Dragon Slayers"). Any civilians affected by SCP-1154 are to be brought into Foundation custody for two (2) weeks. If, at the end of this period, they have not expired, they are to be dosed with a Class-A amnestic and released.

Any testing with SCP-1154 must be authorised by at least two Level Three personnel.

Description: SCP-1154 is the designation given to a collection of media which includes poems, short stories, a novel and a VHS tape. All components have thematic links to an entity which the components refer to as 'the Dragon'. Descriptions of this entity vary with SCP-1154's different components, and very few of the components describe SCP-1154 in accordance with the traditional European image of a dragon. (See Component Analysis 1154-1 for further information.)

SCP-1154's anomalous effects become apparent when one of its components is viewed and understood by a human being, who will hereafter be referred to as the subject. Over the course of two weeks, the subject will experience the following phenomena:

  • Dreams involving vaguely reptilian entities
  • Valuables such as jewellery mysteriously disappearing
  • Perceiving a drastic increase in the ambient temperature
  • A feeling that they are being followed
  • Spontaneous combustion (This has not been known to occur with all subjects, and it is unknown what criteria, if any, affects whether this will occur. After death, the body of the subject has been known to disappear, accompanied by the sounds of consumption.)
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License