SCP-2122
rating: +134+x

Item #: SCP-2122

Anomaly Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: The building containing SCP-2122 has been acquired by the Foundation and designated Site-48. Use of SCP-2122 has been discontinued. Access to SCP-2122 is denied to all personnel outside of regular maintenance of SCP-2122-1.

Description: SCP-2122 is an interrogation room at Site-48, formerly [REDACTED]. Several anomalous electronic devices, collectively designated SCP-2122-1, are integrated into the room:

  • SCP-2122-1-A is a fluorescent light fixture attached to SCP-2122's ceiling. Most personnel report a strong aversion to looking directly at SCP-2122-1-A, even under duress, though this has not been replicated in tests with D-Class subjects.
  • SCP-2122-1-B is an LED message board, measuring 0.5m x 0.4m, attached to the wall of SCP-2122. When active, the device shows the official Foundation insignia. Attempts to alter this display without damaging the device have failed.
  • SCP-2122-1-C is a 2.3m x 1.0m x 0.7m device located underneath the table in the middle of SCP-2122. Extensive analysis has failed to identify its purpose or means of operation. Despite consuming 80kW of power when active, the object does not produce heat or sound.
  • SCP-2122-1-D is a pair of headphones of apparently unique manufacture, attached to SCP-2122-1-C via power cord. SCP-2122-1-D lacks any means by which audio input can be provided; however, SCP-2122-1-D produces heavily distorted audio at low volume when active.

SCP-2122's primary anomalous properties will activate when exactly two individuals are present, the door is closed, and SCP-2122-1 is powered and operational. One individual (hereby designated "the interrogator") must be in the employ of a sufficiently powerful organization1 who is making use of SCP-2122 in the course of their occupation; the other individual (hereby "the interrogatee") must not be using SCP-2122 in the course of their occupation.

When active, SCP-2122 becomes completely impenetrable to all physical force, radiation, sound, etc. from both the inside and outside, such that observation and intrusion are impossible until the interrogator chooses to open the door. The interrogator will become capable of conscious reality alteration within the confines of SCP-2122, so long as SCP-2122-1 remains operational and the interrogatee is alive. The nature of the alterations that may be performed is limited only by the interrogator's knowledge2 and imagination, as well as an inability to make SCP-2122's interior larger.

The extent of the interrogator's reality bending capacity within SCP-2122 is limited by any form of accountability for actions performed in SCP-2122. This includes the actions in question being subject to official review, public opinion, and any other responsibility for the consequences of the actions. The presence of any sort of active recording device also hinders these capabilities. The prerogative to achieve certain goals only bears on the interrogator's abilities insofar as they prescribe a particular course of action.

When any of the aforementioned conditions for the cessation of an active state is met, SCP-2122 and all materials within it (including the interrogator and interrogatee) will return to the state they were in prior to activation (except in the case of death of either party); however, any memories or documentation of the events that transpired will remain.

- Access granted. Documents retrieved.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License