SCP-2207
rating: +651+x

Item #: SCP-2207

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2207 is to be contained in a small cardboard box filled with foam, within a standard safe-class storage locker when not used for testing. All testing with SCP-2207 is to be done in containment laboratory 8803. After testing, containment laboratory 8803 is to be decontaminated and checked for damage.

As of test 42, exploration by D-class and/or Foundation personnel beyond SCP-2207-1 instances are preemptively denied.

As of Incident 2207-01, all tests involving SCP-2207 are to be suspended.

Description: SCP-2207 is a ████ brand disposable plastic knife. Testing has indicated that, outside of SCP-2207's anomalous properties, it is identical to other non-anomalous disposable plastic knives.

When the cutting edge of SCP-2207 reaches a minimum speed of 6 m/s1, it severs local space-time, creating a rift that connects to a random alternate universe. These rifts are designated as SCP-2207-1.

Instances of SCP-2207-1 typically last approximately five minutes without outside intervention, and the length is equal to the distance that SCP-2207 traveled at or above 6m/s. Instances remain stationary after creation, but may be widened by pulling along the edges. Instances may be kept artificially open for a maximum of 24 hours by placing any material across the instance's threshold. After 24 hours, the SCP-2207-1 instance closes, severing any material crossing the threshold.

Exploration Log: The following is a partial, abridged exploration log. See Document 2207-24 for a full log of tests, explorations, and recovered material from SCP-2207-1 instances. In all tests, a mechanical arm was used to create SCP-2207-1 instances, and the SCP-2207-1 instance was propped open by a set of metal braces. It has been later determined that at least three other alternate realities accessed by different SCPs, including SCP-1165, may be the result of prior testing with SCP-2207.

Incident 2207-01: On 19██-10-06, the following letter was found addressed to Site-██'s administration:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

IT HAS COME TO THE ATTENTION OF ████████ THAT MULTIPLE RECENT YGGDRASIL-SEVERANCE EVENTS ARE TIED TO ACTIONS PERFORMED BY YOUR ORGANIZATION, The SCP Foundation. AS UNIVERSE 8d57-fE2ξ-D (THE UNIVERSE YOUR ORGANIZATION INHABITS) HAS DISPLAYED LIMITED MULTIVERSAL TRAVEL CAPABILITY PRIOR TO THESE INCIDENTS, IT IS BELIEVED THAT THE ACTIONS PERFORMED BY YOUR ORGANIZATION ARE BOTH WITHOUT MALICE OR FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE RESULTING REPERCUSSIONS.

THIS CORRESPONDENCE IS THEREFORE CONSIDERED TO BE A LAWFUL CEASE-AND-DESIST ORDER BY ████████. FURTHER ACTIONS ON YOUR ORGANIZATION'S PART THAT CONTRIBUTE TO A YGGDRASIL-SEVERANCE EVENT WILL RESULT IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:

  • OFFICIAL CENSURE OF UNIVERSE 8d57-fE2ξ-D AND ITS INHABITANTS
  • FINES UPWARDS OF Φ87,000,000.00 PER YGGDRASIL-SEVERANCE EVENT
  • MINIMUM IMPRISONMENT OF THREE THOUSAND (3,000) STELLAR CYCLES PER YGGDRASIL-SEVERANCE EVENT
  • INTERVENTION BY ████████ ARMED FORCES
  • FORCED YGGDRASIL-SEVERANCE EVENT OF UNIVERSE 8d57-fE2ξ-D

FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, ATTACHED IS A LIST OF DATES AND TIMES WHEN YGGDRASIL-SEVERENCE EVENTS HAVE BEEN DETECTED. PLEASE BE SURE TO REFER TO THE LIST SO THAT YOU MAY COMPLY WITH THIS LAWFUL ORDER.

WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

SIGNED,
Sigma-Xotoxin, OFFICE OF MULTIVERSAL INCIDENTS.

After receiving the letter, all testing was halted in response. As of 2015-08-03, there has been no further correspondence from the entity Sigma-Xotoxin or ████████.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License