SCP-2639
  • rating: +839+x

Item #: SCP-2639

Object Class: Euclid (formerly Keter)

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-2639-C is to be kept secured on-site in an isolated room that is TEMPEST-certified1. Access to SCP-2639-C is limited to Level-4 personnel; testing is currently prohibited.

Description: SCP-2639 refers to a phenomenon that manifests as a 1 kilometer cubic volume wherein anomalous entities and objects (designated SCP-2639-A and SCP-2639-B, respectively) materialize, then dematerialize approximately 1-2 hours later. An imperceptible barrier around SCP-2639 prevents instances of SCP-2639-A from leaving this area of effect.

SCP-2639-A are 3 humanoid entities equipped with anomalous weaponry and armor. Each entity exhibits superhuman speed, strength, endurance, resistance to injury, and perceives no pain or discomfort. When an instance is destroyed, an undamaged copy of this instance will appear somewhere within SCP-2639's area of effect.

SCP-2639-B consists of 22 distinct 'types' of intangible objects dispersed throughout SCP-2639's area of effect. Each instance hovers 0.1 meters above ground and rotates on a horizontal axis at a set rate. When instances of SCP-2639-A make contact with an instance of SCP-2639-B, the object will typically vanish, conferring a beneficial effect on the entity. Observed effects have included (but are not limited to) new anomalous weaponry, increased resistance to injury, and higher overall damage output.

One particular type of SCP-2639-B ('Ammo Pack') is noted to only appear when either an instance of SCP-2639-A or a non-anomalous human expires.

SCP-2639-C is a customized desktop computer. The computer runs without a discernible power-source, and has been hosting a heavily modified online Quake2 death-match since 1997. The session's participants are connected to the host machine via anomalous means, and have been identified as three teenagers3 missing since 18/06/1997. Until the discovery of SCP-2639-C in 2010, they were unaware that they had been playing for over a decade.

SCP-2639 INCIDENT DATABASE

earthquake2.jpg

Remains of Madonna di Siena.

INCIDENT #: 231

DATE: 18/08/2009

LOCATION: Siena, Tuscany (Italy)

REPORT: SCP-2639 occurred on the outskirts of Siena, Tuscany at 04:23 UTC; the anomaly was centered around a small church (Madonna di Siena). Local police officers responded to the anomaly, leading to an escalation which ultimately culminated with the collapse of the church. All anomalies associated with SCP-2639 dematerialized at 05:41 UTC.

CASUALTIES: 96 (54 fatalities, 12 critical injuries, 30 minor injuries)

COVER STORY: A tanker truck carrying 9000 gallons of petrol was overturned and ignited, resulting in a massive explosion. The ensuing fire exacerbated structural weaknesses in the church, causing it to collapse on the congregation inside.

Addendum 2639.1: Chat Logs


WARNING: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE LEVEL 4/2639 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THESE FILES WITHOUT LEVEL 4/2639 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License