SCP-3106
rating: +87+x

Item #: SCP-3106

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: An active perimeter is to be maintained in a 500-meter radius around SCP-3106. A staff of four security guards is responsible for the rapid termination of all instances of SCP-3106-1. Guards are to be supplied with military grade weapons; however, in the event of an emergency, please note that instances of SCP-3106-1 can be destroyed using any instrument or weapon that would normally destroy osseous (bone) tissue.

No personnel may approach SCP-3106 within a 500-meter radius without level 2 security clearance and the permission of the supervising security guard and the head researcher. Civilians are to be diverted using a 2.5-meter tall barbed wire fence at a 2-kilometer radius. Any civilians who enter the premises are to be detained for questioning then administered Class-A amnestics.

SCP-3106-A is to be kept in Containment Cell ██. SCP-3106-A is to be provided with a new supply of ground beef every 2 months.

Description: SCP-3106 is a small bog located in ████████, ███████████. The bog is 8 meters long, 2 meters wide, and of an unknown depth. A probe sent to explore its depths traveled approximately 35 kilometers before it stopped transmitting.

SCP-3106's other anomalous property manifests when an organism from the kingdom Animalia enters the water. Upon making contact with the water, the organism will suffer from a cognitohazardous effect and drown itself. Organisms that are incapable of drowning will die immediately due to total organ failure. The cause of the total organ failure has yet to be identified.

Once dead, organisms undergo rapid decomposition of all organs and tissues except for the osseous tissue. When 50% of the dorsal osseous tissue is exposed, the organism becomes an instance of SCP-3106-1 and will pull itself out of the decomposing body and onto dry land. Organisms that lack osseous tissue will not create an instance of SCP-3106-1.

Instances of SCP-3106-1 behave similarly to other members of the same species, including vocalizations and engaging in learned behaviors despite the lack of requisite organs or tissues. The instances' only additional behavior is that they will attack other organisms with the goal of removing the organism's flesh from their skeletal structure.

Instances of SCP-3106-1 are able to adhere this flesh to their skeletal structure. The instances of SCP-3106-1 will attach the flesh to their bodies in a haphazard manner, and tissues or organs may be placed in anatomically incorrect areas. Oftentimes, upon removing the skeletal structure from the flesh, instances of SCP-3106-1 will engage in a "rolling" behavior to attach the flesh as quickly as possible, which increases the potential for organs to burst or to cause severe tissue damage.

The instances seem satisfied with any tissue and organs even if they have been damaged. Instances of SCP-3106-1 will discontinue hostile behavior when there is flesh covering the entirety of their skeletal structure. This flesh adheres to the skeletal structure for a period of two months before it begins peeling off, usually in large sections of the body. Additionally, instances of SCP-3106-1 do not discriminate what organism's flesh they utilize as long as it belongs to an organism in the kingdom Animalia. This behavior has resulted in the death of approximately 30 civilians and 3 Foundation personnel.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License