SCP-3150

Maybe the dark won’t come here. But if it does, then we will still be remembered.

  • rating: +260+x

scpcaravanserai

An exoticised rendering of SCP-3150-1 by Dr. I███.

Item #: SCP-3150

Object Class: Thaumiel

Special Containment Procedures: Due to the extreme size of its area of effect, SCP-3150 is currently considered uncontainable. Co-operation with the government of Turkmenistan is currently not possible, due to the strong influence of ORIA preventing cordial relations. Site ██, covertly located in the Karakum desert, has been repurposed for the sole purpose of researching and utilising SCP-3150. Researchers wishing to utilise SCP-3150-3 for research purposes via the Sadra Initiative are to apply to Dr. K████ at Site ██.

Description: SCP-3150 refers to a phenomenon occuring in the Karakum Desert, Turkmenistan. This phenomenon activates should an individual walk through the desert at some point between sunrise and sunset for approximately 6km (the equivalent to one Iranian parasang) without being observed. If these conditions are met, then a structure will abruptly appear before the subject, approximately 24m (the equivalent of one Iranian chebel) away, with the appearance of a 17th century Iranian caravanserai. This building is designated SCP-3150-1. Only the subject who activated SCP-3150 is capable of entering SCP-3150-1; it is believed to be imperceptible to any other individuals.

SCP-3150-1 appears to be designed and outfitted in a manner reminiscent of a 17th century Iranian caravanserai, with a series of elaborately decorated anterooms and guestrooms arranged around a square courtyard. SCP-3150-1 is ordinarily inhabited by a number of individuals who have been affected by SCP-3150. These individuals appear to be drawn from a number of periods throughout human history; it is thus believed that SCP-3150-1 exists in a separate dimension with different temporal laws. All individuals- excepting SCP-3150-2- awake and apparently feel compelled to leave shortly before sunrise on the following morning, apparently returning to the time and place from which they entered SCP-3150-1. A similar compulsion apparently prevents the use of force or violence within SCP-3150.

Individuals who have slept in SCP-3150-1 universally report that they had solved some mental preoccupation which had been preoccupying them following their visit. This phenomenon is referred to as SCP-3150-3. The precise nature of these preoccupations is extremely varied; it has ranged from perfecting a design for a fusion engine to realising the problems in a faltering marriage. The "solutions" arrived at are equally varied, often leading to attempts to solve the problems being discarded altogether as a waste of time.

Following consultation with the O5-Council, SCP-3150-3 is now being utilised under the Sadra Initiative, wherein researchers encountering particular problems with containment protocols and research questions are permitted entry to SCP-3150-1 in the hopes of finding a solution. Due to the somewhat unpredictable nature of SCP-3150-3, eligible researchers must have demonstrated a particular need for SCP-3150-3's utilisation. As of ██/██/201█, a total of ███ expeditions under the Sadra Initiative have taken place, with ██ of them yielding useful results for containment and research.

SCP-3150 is inhabited by a male human, hereafter designated SCP-3150-2. SCP-3150-2 has not divulged any name, and only refers to himself occasionally as a "seeker of light", a term he also applies to Foundation personnel. SCP-3150-2 acts in the role of the proprietor of SCP-3150-1, ensuring that a variety of needs of all affected individuals are met; specifically, he ensures that all of the guestrooms are comfortable and that affected individuals are well-supplied with tea, coffee, wine or opium.

SCP-3150-2's first language is believed to be Pashto, but it is also fluent in Persian (both the Western Persian and Dari dialects) and Turkmen, and has some proficiency in Russian, Uzbek, English and Chinese. SCP-3150-2 also professes fluency in Old Persian, Avestan, Pahlavi, Soghdian and Khwarezmian. SCP-3150-2 does not object to being interviewed, but the information he provides is limited and often cryptic in nature. SCP-3150-2's age and memory appear to vary with each activation of SCP-3150, implying that the timeline of events within SCP-3150-1 does not match our own.

SCP-3150 was first discovered by Foundation personnel during a containment breach by SCP-████ in 194█. During an extensive search for SCP-████, Agent Nyazik Niyazov inadvertently activated SCP-3150, spending the night in SCP-3150-1. Despite this breach of protocol, Agent Niyazov was apparently affected by SCP-3150-3, and was subsequently able to detail a successful way to find and re-contain SCP-████.

The following log contains a selection of interviews which took place within SCP-3150-1.

Addendum 1: On 20/06/199█, Dr. I███, a Level-3 researcher assigned to SCP-3150, entered SCP-3150-1. Dr. I███ had a particular interest in the nature of SCP-3150, and believed that this interest might activate SCP-3150-3, hopefully providing fresh insight into its properties. During her stay in SCP-3150, Dr. I███ conducted an interview with SCP-3150-2, which was unusually lucid; this is believed to be a result of a manifestation of SCP-3150-3.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License