SCP-4622
rating: +51+x
tree.jpg

SCP-4622

Item #: SCP-4622

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-4622 is to remain untouched via an area of exclusion, 2 km in diameter, surrounding the vicinity. Foundation metaphysicians are to research methods of examining and identifying SCP-4622-1's biology without triggering its anomalous properties.

Beyond the assigned research and containment staff chosen, no other personnel are to enter this area of exclusion. Any individuals or personnel that do are to be detained and brought in for questioning. Detained individuals are to undergo therapeutic treatment and amnesticized from ever encountering SCP-4622-1.

Description: SCP-4622 is an unmarked open grave in front of a tree located at the peak of a hill in the Chugach Mountains of Alaska. A tombstone is affixed to the grave but bears no name or identity of the figure lying within.

The figure, hereafter referred to as SCP-4622-1, is a corpse in an advanced state of decomposition that is heavily distorted and warped beyond human perception. Further observation of SCP-4622-1 has been known to cause mild eyestrain, headaches, and nosebleeds in the observing individual. SCP-4622-1 carries another anomalous effect: observers will perceive the figure in the grave as themselves and will attempt to fill it with soil from SCP-4622-2.

SCP-4622-2 is a mound of soil with a shovel affixed to it, located to the right, beside the grave. SCP-4622-2 instantly replenishes any of its mass lost when not observed. Likewise, any attempt to fill SCP-4622 will be unsuccessful as no matter how much soil has been shoveled into the grave, SCP-4622 will always remain unchanged.

Addendum 4622.1: Audio Log Transcript

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License