SCP-4988
  • rating: +118+x

building.jpg

RSI, Inc's manufacturing plant.

Item #: SCP-4988

Object Class: Euclid Keter

Special Containment Procedures: The building in which SCP-4988 is located has been purchased and seized by the Foundation. A field research station has been set up within the building, and four redundant emergency power generators have been installed to ensure SCP-4988 does not suffer adverse effects from the common electrical outages in the area.

Due to the immense financial burden of overhauling Restwynn Security Installations' marketing campaigns and the widespread dosage of amnestics required to erase all public records of SCP-4988, the Foundation has instead opted to allow the anomaly to remain operational; Sheppard Security, a Foundation front company, will slowly begin operating as a lower-priced competitor to Restwynn Security Installations. Business models project Sheppard Security overwhelming Restwynn by 20██.1

SCP-4988-1 and SCP-4988-2 are stored in a Foundation-seized property in Kolkata, India.

Description: SCP-4988 is a sales/customer service hotline for the company 'Restwynn Security Installations' (RSI, Inc). SCP-4988 may be contacted by dialing '1-800-QUICKSEC'.

Upon contacting SCP-4988, a voice with a Hindi accent (belonging to SCP-4988-1) will greet the subject and offer options, which are listed below.

Number Key Option Notes
2 Scheduling SCP-4988-1 will begin conversing with the subject, and help them arrange a time for installment. (For more information see Addendum 2)
3 Product Information SCP-4988-1 will provide detailed information on RSI's services concurrent with available information on the company's website.
4 Estimates SCP-4988-1 will inquire upon the extent of the subject's needs and provide an estimation of fees.
5 Complaints SCP-4988-1 will inquire upon the nature of the complaint and will offer varying amounts of compensation and apologies. Additionally, SCP-4988-1 will provide callers with RSI's Legal Department's information should the need arise.
6 Repeat Options SCP-4988-1 will repeat all options available.

SCP-4988-1 is an androgynous human of Indian descent placed in suspended animation. The entity floats within a tank of an unknown, turquoise liquid and has various tubes inserted into its ears, mouth, nostrils and anal cavity. The tubes inserted to the entity's anal cavity and mouth lead to two tanks in the North East corner of the building; both of which are labeled 'waste' and 'Class B Nutritional Replacement' respectively. Both tanks have an Avelar Professional Products (hereafter shortened to APP) Incorporated stamp below the text.

A metal headpiece with multiple wires connecting to SCP-4988-2 is fastened to the entity's head, under which their brain is visible. Though the entity is capable of complex communication through the hotline, it has not been recorded to stray outside of using typical sales and customer service verbiage and tone. SCP-4988-1 has been identified as Prafula Basu, who was reported missing in Barasat, India in 2016.

SCP-4988-2 is an APP, Inc. branded computer with a built-in modem, which is currently locked with a thumbprint key. As previously mentioned, SCP-4988-1 is connected to SCP-4988-2 by means of a headpiece attached to the entity's cranium. It is currently believed that SCP-4988-2 houses the memories and personality of SCP-4988-1, as well as basic information on Restwynn Security Installations similar to a non-anomalous customer service representative. During an early stress test of the object's capability, the Foundation utilized 300 simulated phones to contact SCP-4988-2, which did not affect its performance.

No attempts to open or otherwise tamper with SCP-4988-2's components are permissible due to the unknown effect it may have on SCP-4988-1. Attempts to duplicate the thumbprint capable of unlocking the anomaly have resulted in failure. Due to concerns regarding SCP-4988-1's safety, proposals to hack SCP-4988-2 have been denied by the Ethics Committee.


Addendum 1: Interview with Michael Harris

A team of Foundation Field Agents was dispatched to determine the level of knowledge Restwynn Security Installations possessed on SCP-4988 and the anomalous actions it uses to fufill requests. Three agents tracked and interviewed Michael Harris, while the fourth, posing as janitorial staff, infiltrated the company's headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.


Addendum 2: SCP-4988-1 Communication Attempts

Addendum 2

All communication attempts with SCP-4988-1 have been attempted through the 'Scheduling' option, as it provides the least static replies.


Addendum 3 : Additional Information discovered 1/12/20██

On 1/12/20██, Researcher Pines suffered a home computer malfunction. When calling the service hotline for Forbnl, the manufacturer, Pines observed that the representative had a voice similar to SCP-4988-1. Following a short test on-site, the representative for Forbnl vocally confirmed itself to be Prafula Basu. However, during this test neither SCP-4988-1 or -2 were active.

As of 1/20/20██, SCP-4988 has been reclassified as Keter. Research into possible duplicates of SCP-4988-1 is ongoing.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License