SCP-5269
rating: +96+x

by J Dune

S9sQ7BQ.jpeg

The Haworth crater

Item #: SCP-5269

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: Foundation assets within organizations that maintain lunar observational equipment are to suppress information regarding SCP-5269 through standard Immediate Celestial Anomaly protocol.

Description: SCP-5269 is a topographic anomaly located on the Haworth crater of the south pole of the Moon.

SCP-5269 is an unidentified humanoid figure of unknown age and origin embedded in the lunar surface. SCP-5269 remains in an immobile position with its arms outstretched. Rock and lunar soil have completely covered SCP-5269's lower limbs, securing SCP-5269's position in the Moon's regolith. The object has not been observed to decompose, age, or exhibit any other phenomena associated with life or death. Thus, the biological state of SCP-5269 is unknown.

SCP-5269 is capable of transmitting radio signals. The origin, purpose, and intended receiver of these signals is unknown. The contents of an SCP-5269 communication are presented in an anomalous, universally digestible system, capable of being comprehended and understood regardless of the listener's known language. SCP-5269 has been observed to transmit messages once every two years since the object's discovery in 2016.

All attempts to communicate with SCP-5269 have failed.

Addendum 5269.1: SCP-5269 Signal Transcripts

Date: 6/19/2018, 20:36:02


I don't miss it.

There are no crowds, no mirrors, no pressures or expectations.

Final escape. Final rest.

I don't have to think about her anymore.

Date: 6/19/2020, 12:47:31


Warmth.

I have everything I need.

See them run. Amusement delays death. Not me.

I am above all.

I don't have to think about her anymore.

Date: 6/19/2022, 04:10:02


Never going back.

My own world. No suffering.

I still hate myself.

I am always thinking about her.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License