SCP-5431


rating: +42+x
Link To Guide
Item#:5431
Clearance Level #1: Clearance
Containment Class: euclid
euclid-icon.svg
Secondary Class: cernunnos
thaumiel-icon.svg
Disruption Class: #/vlam
vlam-icon.svg
Risk Class: #/notice
notice-icon.svg

Special Containment Procedures: Due to the unpredictability of SCP-5431 events, prohibitive costs associated with mass application of amnestics, and the relatively harmless effects of the anomaly, direct containment of SCP-5431 has been indefinitely suspended.

Foundation personnel have been deployed to major medical organizations, and tasked with ensuring SCP-5431 remains classified as a medical mystery with no known cause. Funding for research involving SCP-5431 is to be discouraged.

Foundation researchers will continue investigating SCP-5431 events, as well as interviewing and examining individuals capable of perceiving them, whenever convenient.

Ren%C3%A9_Descartes.jpg

René Descartes, theorized to have first described SCP-5431.

Description: SCP-5431 is a phenomenon known to occur within discrete higher-dimensional spaces. Current Foundation consensus indicates that static electricity discharge between two (or more) higher-dimensional bodies could be responsible, but more research is necessary before SCP-5431 can be fully explained.

As these events occur at considerable distance "above"1 our three-dimensional space, the vast majority of SCP-5431 events go almost entirely unnoticed by human beings. However, exceptions may occur. The exact conditions necessary for observation of SCP-5431 are unknown, and believed to be so specific as to be functionally random. Research indicates that SCP-5431 is most commonly observed as potential observers are falling asleep or waking up. This is consistent with research into other anomalies suggesting that interaction with higher-dimensional spaces can be achieved either immediately before, or during sleep.

Individuals who observe SCP-5431 events (henceforth referred to as SCP-5431-0) report hearing or experiencing loud noises as they are falling asleep or waking up. Instances of SCP-5431-0 exhibit strong, often frightened emotional reactions to the sound, but do not report significant pain.

Around 10 percent of all SCP-5431-0 instances also experience visual disturbances like perceiving visual static, lightning, or flashes of light. Some also experience heat, strange feelings in their torso, or a feeling of electrical tinglings that ascends to the head before auditory phenomena is observed.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License