SCP-5604
rating: +95+x

3/5604 LEVEL 3/5604
CLASSIFIED
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
classified-bar.svg
Item #: SCP-5604
Safe

Pills

SCP-5604.

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5604 are contained within a secure drawer at Site-23's anomalous medication unit. Foundation agents embedded within law enforcement and medical agencies are to monitor for reports of methaqualone-related deaths and investigate potential links to SCP-5604.

Description: SCP-5604 is the group designation for 57 anomalous methaqualone tablets. The tablets are a dark red in colour and imprinted with the text "R-IN". In addition to the drug's non-anomalous effects,1 SCP-5604 cause the user to undergo a series of psychological and physical transformations. Affected individuals assume new personality traits, and undergo facial contortions resulting in a new appearance. Resultant personalities and appearances have been uniform across test subjects.

Consumption of SCP-5604 also results in a memetic effect altering interaction with, perception of, and documentation of, the affected individual.

Discovery: SCP-5604 was discovered in Phoenix, Arizona, U.S. at the residence of Benjamin Tucker. Tucker, and several of his associates, were discovered dead from an overdose of SCP-5604, having ingested multiple tablets each. In text messages sent in the run-up to their deaths, the aforementioned individuals complained of extreme cognitive dissonance, loss of memory, and identity crisis. Upon discovery, the corpses were experiencing ongoing facial distortion, alerting the Foundation to the anomaly.


NOTICE FROM THE FOUNDATION RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

The contents of Addendum 001 and Addendum 003 have been flagged as containing inaccuracies and corruption arising from the memetic effects of SCP-5604. Personnel should exercise scepticism in their approach to the following material.

— Maria Jones, Director, RAISA

ADDENDUM 001: TESTING LOG


ADDENDUM 002: RECOVERED DATA


ADDENDUM 003: TESTING UPDATE


Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License