SCP-721-J
rating: +85+x
DOG300.png

SCP-721-J

Item #: SCP-721-J

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-721-J-1 has been safely contained at Doctor Lloyd Jenkins' house with an electric shock collar. SCP-721-J-1 is to be kept at Doctor Lloyd Jenkins' house at all times. Never let him leave, and if he does leave never ever let him near another Foundation site.

Description: SCP-721-J is an image of Doctor Lloyd Jenkins' dog, [REDACTED]1, hereafter SCP-721-J-1. SCP-721-J is a visual memetic agent that only affects individuals who have seen SCP-721-J-1 in person. The effect causes an individual to customize their personal belongings with SCP-721-J. This includes wall paintings, desktop backgrounds, calendars, mugs, t-shirts, etc. There are currently 9 instances of SCP-721-J in Doctor Lloyd Jenkins' office (not including each separate calendar month). There is no known cure for exposure.

DOGMUG.jpg

A custom mug in Dr. Lloyd Jenkins' office. He's had it for 3 months and it still hasn't been used yet.

Addendum: On 4/5/2017 a massive containment breach of SCP-721-J occurred on Site 127's annual bring your pet to work day. An estimated 56% of site personnel were exposed to SCP-721-J-1. Within a week of the initial breach the following customized orders were placed by site staff:

25 calendars
48 Post-It note packets
14 t-shirts
46 rolls of toilet paper
12 paintings
32 wallet pictures
3 tattoos
1 tombstone (pre-ordered)

Two days following the initial containment breach Site 127 staff began sending image spam of SCP-721-J to The Ethics Committee, Overwatch Command, and various other Foundation sites. Below is a transcript of emails regarding the misbehavior of Site 127 staff.

E-mails Concerning Site 127 Containment Breach:

From: ███████ ████████, Head of Ethics Committee
To: Troy Alderman, Site 127 Director
Re: SCP-721-J

Could you guys at Site 127 stop sending us that stupid dog picture. I opened my inbox this morning to find 18 different pictures of your site's new cafeteria mural. I shouldn't have to say it but these are not proper requests for ethics review.

Additionally, no-one want to see that tattoo on D-6783's [DATA EXPUNGED]. (Was that even consensual? How do you even get a tattoo there?)

Regards,

███████ ████████

From: Troy Alderman, Site 127 Director
To: ███████ ████████, Head of Ethics Committee
Re: SCP-721-J

I don't see any problem with my staff's behavior. SCP-721-J is memetic but it's not hazardous. Besides, I talked with Doctor Lloyd Jenkins about it and he feels like he's finally done something successful in his life.

Regards,

Troy Alderman

From: ███████ ████████, Head of Ethics Committee
To: Troy Alderman, Site 127 Director
Re: SCP-721-J

Firstly, SCP-721-J may not be hazardous but it has become painful to look at.

Secondly, being successful doesn't mean you deserve it.

Thirdly, if something is successful, but it also makes the O5 council mad, it isn't actually successful.

Fourthly, the O5 have voted, image spam of SCP-721-J is to stop immediately.

Failure of cessation will result in removal of site 127's annual pajama day.

███████ ████████

From: Troy Alderman, Site 127 Director
To: ███████ ████████, Head of Ethics Committee
Re: SCP-721-J

Regards,

Troy Alderman

P.S. Is it really too expensive for the Foundation to purchase Photoshop? It took me two hours to make that in Gimp 2 and I'm still not satisfied with that O.

Following the assassination of Troy Alderman, Site 127 descended into an anarchy fueled civil war.

Communication channels were cut, and, as far as the rest of the Foundation was concerned, everything had returned to normal.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License