SCP-3761
rating: +161+x
FoundationLogo.png

NOTICE FROM THE RECORDS AND INFORMATION SECURITY ADMINISTRATION

This file describes an anomaly set on a future date. Information was gained from anomalous phenomena.

The decision to document a future anomaly was approved unanimously by HMCL Administration. Personnel are authorized to be cautious when activating Operation Kasum, as the true properties of SCP-3761 are uncertain.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

- Jane Erwin, RAISA


Site-119.jpg

Site-119, the main area for the creation of Sciuridae specimens.

Item #: SCP-3761

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: As of 09/5/1986, Operation Kasum has been enacted by order of O5-8 and will be ongoing until 07/30/2063. Operation Kasum consists of the following procedures:

  • 24 hours before SCP-3761 occurs, Butler County, Kansas, USA shall be deemed a no-fly zone, and all civilian access is to be denied. Civilians already present within the county are to be transported to Sedgewick County under the cover story of a natural disaster.
  • Over the course of 50 years, 125,000,000 lab-grown Sciuridae specimens that are less intelligent than SCP-3761-A are to be created. These specimens are being created at over 200 Sites/Areas1, each using anomalous biotechnology to produce the specimens. Upon the appearance of SCP-3761, all of the specimens are to be released into the public for the purpose of spreading across the Earth according to plans present within Document 179-M, which should replace most of the squirrels that would participate and be killed in SCP-3761.
  • Each specimen is to be placed within a Sciuridae Containment and Protection Facility (SCaPF). Each SCaPF is capable of holding 2 million squirrels indefinitely, and 30 million temporarily. Every squirrel has had Formula Class-877 Mass-Reproduction Aerosol Recipe applied to them, which causes constant fertilization of females, and would allow each specimen to gestate 6-10 offspring at once. Large amounts of squirrels are to be relocated to another SCaPF unit if the current one is full.
  • The existence of SCP-3761-A's true intelligence is to be slowly introduced into the public under the guise of scientific discoveries over the course of 50 years. The stereotype that squirrels are unintelligent is to be replaced with the stereotype that squirrels are as intelligent as humans in modern culture. This will be done by inserting squirrel characters into popular television programs/movies/books that are seen as extremely smart. More information can be found within Document 818-Y.
  • Mobile Task Force Tau-63 ("Vermin Supreme") is to collect any carvings within trees created by squirrels and prevent any from reaching the public, and are to transport them to Site-119 for research. Amnestics are to be administered to any civilians found to have knowledge regarding SCP-3761 and/or carvings created by SCP-3761-A.
  • Extensive containment procedures are not currently necessary for SCP-3761-1, as they are currently allies with the Foundation and have agreed to not expose themselves to the public. However, SCP-3761-1 are to be monitored at all times, and are to be deterred from Kansas by any means necessary during SCP-3761.
  • All squirrel based anomalies currently under Foundation control are to be heavily monitored and are to undergo revised containment procedures during SCP-3761. Personnel assigned to squirrel based anomalies are to view Document 226-U for more information.

Site-119 has been created in Butler County, Kansas as an area for Foundation personnel to observe SCP-3761 when it occurs and for the creation of squirrel specimens. A site dossier has been sent to personnel with 2/3761 clearance by request of the Site Director of Site-119.

After Incident-2A7, Site-119 and Site-551 Administration have unanimously voted for the secondary use of Site-551 as a research facility for anomalous entities/phenomena that are suspected to be connected to SCP-3761. Personnel with 3/3761 clearance are required to view the Site-551 Dossier for more information.

Description: SCP-3761 is the designation for an anomalous event that will occur on 07/23/2063, which is currently theorized to be the date of an event affecting all species of Sciuridae (squirrels). SCP-3761's existence has been identified by prediction based anomalies as well as multiple texts of varying origins that show similar outcomes on the aforementioned date.

It is currently theorized that during SCP-3761, every squirrel on Earth will dig a hole approximately .5 meters underneath their current location, in which a space-time anomaly will manifest, transporting each squirrel to .5 meters directly underneath Butler County, Kansas, USA. The squirrels will dig out of their holes, and will attack one another in an unknown manner (see SCP-3761 Documentation 3761-2). SCP-3761 will end on 07/24/2063, whereby all surviving squirrels will utilize the stated space-time anomaly to return to their original locations, and will refill the holes with dirt once they have successfully transported back.

SCP-3761-A is the collective designation for all squirrels on Earth. It has been observed that SCP-3761-A ranks approximately an 8.9-9.1 on the FAITH scale.2 SCP-3761-A as a whole are capable of learning human languages and can communicate by carving into the bark of trees. However, squirrels have never attempted to communicate with humans, and all attempts at an interview with a squirrel have been met with failure. In extremely rare cases, it has been observed that SCP-3761-A instances are capable of verbal communication (see SCP-3761 Documentation 3761-3).

SCP-3761-1 designates a religious group, colloquially known as the "Church of Patteeism", that practices the belief of squirrel and human equality. Members of the group include individuals of varying ethnic background and age groups. Most of SCP-3761-1's members live within an area in █████, India that it has dubbed "The Secluded Oak." Further information regarding this location is unavailable to the Foundation.3 The current leader of SCP-3761-1 is Grand Prophet Timothy Lockridge.

handofthetrees.jpg

A reproduction of Hand of the Trees in Greek.

SCP-3761-1 has been observed performing rituals to appease their deity, which is referred to as "पेड़ प्राणी", or "Tree Critter". The nature of said rituals vary greatly, and have been observed to have included praying, preparation of food, the burning of wood sculptures in the shape of a falcon, and simple chanting.

A mantra is used during these rituals, and is regarded as a vital part of it. The following is an English version of the mantra confiscated from an SCP-3761-1 outpost:

We were once with the Trees,

Rolling plains as far as the eye can see.

Out of the tree we went, walking with the Grass Sea,

Out of the caring leaves that made us Free,

Our ancestors saw what their brethren would be,

And would watch over us in the Canopy,

Tree Critter ditto shows pity,

He raises His hand and shows our only Quality,

His light guiding us to Equality,

Where we once more can be with the Trees.

According to confiscated text "Hand of the Trees"4, Tree Critter has the body structure of a human, and the head of a squirrel. Tree Critter is said to wear only a red and white striped robe with a hood that covers their eyes, and is noted to always carry a large unidentified scroll.5 According to Hand of the Trees, Tree Critter is capable of taking the form of anything it desires, but it chooses the previously aforementioned form when communicating with SCP-3761-1.

SCP-3761-1 has stated on multiple occasions that it will attempt to assist in SCP-3761, however it is currently unknown how they will accomplish this.


Addendum-A: Abridged list of anomalies used to verify SCP-3761's existence:

Anomaly Method of Prediction
SCP-1032 SCP-1032 displays a hand that reads "The War of the Squirrels" which will reach its midnight event on 07/24/2063, suggesting that SCP-3761 will only last 24 hours.
SCP-187 SCP-187 states that she feels extremely uncomfortable and upset whenever she is within Butler County, Kansas. She states that the entire area is filled with holes that have squirrel carcasses within them.
SCP-411 SCP-411 has, on multiple occasions, said that it "remembers" the "The Battle of the Tree Rats" occurring on 07/23/2063 in "The Breadbasket of America." SCP-411 has stated that it does not wish to grant any more information than this.
SCP-2327 After SCP-2327 specimens leave instances of SCP-2327-1, a message is almost always found within the subjects' stomach lining, most likely written with their claws before attempting to escape. An autopsy of an SCP-2327-1 instance reveals that it reads "Remmember warr [sic]".
SCP-2050 SCP-2050 regards SCP-3761 as a extremely important event to them, and states that it would rival the "Crusades of the Woodchucks". It is unknown what this refers to. Additionally, SCP-2050 believes that Kansas is actually the Middle East country of Palestine.
SCP-2003 Determinate Set XL continues normally in a manner similar to XN until 07/23/2063 where all species of Sciuridae go completely extinct from an unknown virus that spreads only through squirrel species. The virus is regarded as "The TAKE CARE Virus" by local scientific groups for unknown reasons.
SCP-2707 [DATA EXPUNGED]. If SCP-2707 is to live beyond its suspected natural life-span, SCP-2707 is to be decommissioned on 07/22/2063. Failure to do so will result in a CK-Class Dominance Shift scenario.

Addendum-B: LEVEL 3 CLEARANCE REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE FOLLOWING FILES



Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License